Aberfeldy Distillery was founded by the John Dewar & Sons, Ltd. in 1896, and opened in 1898. The distillery is located on the eastern outskirts of Aberfeldy.
The distillery was undergoing some modernisation in terms of the it's CO2 emissions and sustainability. As such it was moving from the existing oil-fired boiler to a wood pellet fuelled biomass boiler.
This required the construction of a new building and other associated structures. The existing site was littered with services which were old and sensitive to movement.
Hamilton Bogie offered the perfect solution for this problem, with mini-piles being able to be driven in close proximity to the existing services with little disruption.
The mini piles eliminated the need for a bulk excavation, and helped to avoid the risks attached with digging around old services.